Friday, July 6, 2012

Arte en la Ciudad de Kansas



I was fortunate enough to spend some time in Kansas City just before the holiday, and I was amazed at how much art and culture exists in this city.  And in the short amount of time I was there, I wanted to see it all.   





There are about 32 theatre companies including but not limited to The Kansas City Repertory Theatre, The American Heartland Theatre, and The Coterie Theatre.  Joey and I happened to stumble upon an outdoor venue just a few blocks from our hotel that happened to be the host of Kansas City's very own outdoor Shakespeare Festival.  For a whopping $0, you could see one of two shows that are playing in rotating rep through July 15: Antony and Cleopatra and A Midsummer Night's Dream.  That night, we enjoyed Midsummer, which was especially enjoyable after the sun went down and it wasn't 100 degrees anymore. 




















We also spent an afternoon at The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art and another at The Kansas City Sea Life Aquarium.  Although I absolutely loved the art museum, I do not recommend the aquarium, unless you enjoy feeling claustrophobic as tiny children scream at tanks of fish.  Either way, the pictures are still nice!




































Art is in every direction.  
All you have to do is look for it!



No comments:

Post a Comment