Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cartagena y Playa Blanca


I enjoyed a nice relaxing weekend in Cartagena.  Although much more touristy than the rest of Colombia, Cartegena was a nice break from the bigger cities.  The center consists of a beautiful yellow clock tower surrounding colorful colonial-style building.  It reminded me of many of the smaller cities in Europe, with its small boutiques and classic stone pathways.  Beautiful!




I spent my second day with a few other Americans at La Playa Blanca, which was about a two hour boat ride form Cartagena.  I had originally planned on renting a hammock for the night, but I had to catch a plane the next day to Medellin.  Oh well.  I'll have to plan on staying a bit longer the next time I come to Colombia :).  Playa Blanca was simply beautiful.  I have never in my life seen such clear water before!


I really feel like my time in Cartagena y Playa Blanca was a vacation within a vacation.  A perfect getaway from my getaway!






No comments:

Post a Comment