Monday, August 13, 2012

En Barranquilla, se Bailan Asi!


Like my Spanish, my dancing abilities are always better after a few cervezas.  



If this is also true for Colombianos, then cervesa must be running through their veins.  For my last night in Barranquilla, I went to a few local clubs with some hostel mates. 





I’ve never seen dancing quite like this before:







At first, I felt a little creepy taking so many videos of them, but I couldn’t stop!  They were just so good!  Nevertheless, I’m pretty sure they liked the attention :)



















After the first club, we headed to La Troja, which is an outdoor Salsa bar / club.  


I’m pretty sure I was the only person from the United States there, but that’s what made it so fun.  I met plenty of Colombians, and they are all so proud to be from Barranquilla! I especially loved this man:


Tonight has by far been my favorite night in Colombia, full of rich Colombian culture.  

Here’s a collection of Barranquilleros dancing.  As Wycleff Jean says in “Hips Don’t Lie,” “En Barranquilla se bailan asi!” (In Barranquilla, they dance like this!)



Adios!
~Quique

No comments:

Post a Comment